Sunday, February 23, 2014

Review: Lavera Ginkgo & Jojoba Clarifying Peeling

 photo canvas_zps4ec985c3.png

Lavera Ginkgo & Jojoba Clarifying Peeling*

I had the chance to try out another Lavera product, this time a clarifying peeling. I like using a peeling on my skin every once and a while, especially when my skin gets dry and flaky. This one has little green exfoliating particles, which aren't as small as the ones in one of Murad's peelings I tried last, but they're still not as harsh as one might think. I usually use it twice a week during my cleansing routine. I apply it on my T zone, which tends to get oily and my nose sometimes gets a little flaky. I rinse the gel off with lukewarm water and wipe it with a dry towel.

What I noticed after using it a few times is that it has a mattifying effect on the skin, it reduced the sebum on my T-zone, got rid of the flakes and left it really nice and smooth. When I was a teenager I used to get very flaky skin around my nose, which made applying any kind of foundation a true nightmare. With some peelings I used in the past to get rid of that problem, I noticed that they still left some flakiness on the skin, therefore not helping one bit. Another thing I learned is that when you exfoliate your skin, you shouldn't rub the peeling  into your face too agressively, which I used to do in the past, thinking that it will help get rid of every little flake. I didn't realize that doing that was way too abrasive for my face and didn't do much good in the long run.

Although my skin was left with a nice smooth finish, I still felt like I needed a bit of moisture, so I applied the Lavera Wild Rose moisturizer I wrote about here. It can be used on all types of skin and is a real bargain at 4,89€.

*Item kindly gifted to me for review purposes.

Have a lovely weekend,
N. xx

 photo 97e25cb3-4623-4788-a7f5-9552457a7e0c_zps793a4ca6.jpg

   photo ed79fa35-af15-4744-b1c2-112ad3cf74fc_zpsf0d2e303.jpg
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Sliši se super, morem preiskusit kakšen izdelek od Lavere :)

    ReplyDelete

© Nina in the Spring. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig