Monday, March 17, 2014

Review: Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 107 + Swatches!

As promised, I put together a few shots of my new Rimmel Kate Moss lasting finish lipstick in the shade 107. I bought it when I was in  London this February and I've already worn it a couple of times. It lasts a long time and it doesn't wear off as much when you're drinking or eating (I wore it once for a pizza dinner date with some friends) and also doesn't smudge during the day. It is not full on matte, but just the right amount so that your lips don't look too powdery and dry. If you want to, you can always blot them with a piece of tissue as I always do with every lipstick. It has a powdery scent, which reminds me of those old school lipsticks I used to steal from my mom as a child, but it is very inoffensive. I did a few swatches on my hand and on my lips (with a neutral brown eyeshadow make-up), which you can see below. It is very opaque and I usually need just one application for it to look good. I also noticed it can be very buildable, if you don't want a full on dark red effect, try dabbing it on your lips ever so slightly, and if you want a darker vampier look, you can totally build up the coverage. I would describe the shade as a dark red with a hint of cherry and I think it works well on my light skin tone as well. The only negative thing I noticed is that it clings to dry patches and it can be very noticeable, so if you have chapped lips, I would recommend starting off with a lip scrub.

Hope this was helpful,
N. xx

 photo 56d0c74a-6e35-4763-a9ff-a2ce6746ea19_zps1f2d2bf8.jpg
 
 photo d9edeac5-a012-4501-b9c6-9644080b13fc_zpsdcbca648.jpg
   photo fbd9f162-288b-431d-8b7f-68b639454bef_zps1b12eb6c.jpg
 
SHARE:

7 comments

© Nina in the Spring. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig