Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review: Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot Anti-Imperfection Gel


If you're looking for a really good zit-zapper, here's a suggestion: the Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot gel treatment. Generally my skin behaves quite well, but I do have to deal with the occasional blemish here and there. That's when I like to use some sort of gel treatment to get rid of it. I have tried quite a few, the last one that comes to mind the Sensilab Cerin SOS gel treatment, which worked quite well and is very affordable at a price of 6,90€. I also wanted to try the Origins Super Spot Remover, which a lot of people are raving about, but it is a bit hard to get hold of the Origins brand in Slovenia.

The Vichy Normaderm line is destined for people with problematic skin. This gel treatment is supossed to fight breakouts. It contains hyaluronic acid, which creates a thin layer of film on your skin, protecting it "from the outside world", that is any further bacterial infections. The salicylic acid and LHA work from with to calm and get rid of blemishes. You have probably already heard of salicylic acid, a very common and effective ingredient when it comes to blemish control. LHA, on the other hand, was a new discovery for me. According to FutureDerm, it works similarly as salicylic acid (a nightmare to spell, if you haven't noticed), decreasing the amount of bacteria inside the pores. It is anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-comedogenic and supossedly very effective at combating acne and even dandruff. You can find it in certain La Roche Posay products as well (Effaclar K Daily Renewal & Effaclar AI). 

After using this product for quite some time, I can say it delivers. I usually apply it on my blemishes after cleansing and applying night cream, right before bed. The gel dries quickly and forms a tiny layer of film over the blemish, so there's no need to worry you'll end up getting it on your pillow during the night. When I wake up the next day, the blemish is usually either gone or substantially diminished. If I'm not pleased with its work on the first day after application, I apply it again later in the evening and the blemish is sure to be gone the next day. Overall I find it a really great, very effective product. 

You can get it at pharmacies or online.

What is your favourite acne treatment product? :)
N. xx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I haven't tried it, but sounds good. I also have occasional blemishes, and my staple is La Roche Posay Effaclar duo, it really works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. morm jo preizkusit ;))

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sliši se super! Jaz sem ravno ocenila en podoben produkt od Soap & Glory, nad katerim sem čisto navdušena. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super stvarca! Sliši se res super, zagotovo za sprobati =)
    http://cherryfashion-k.blogspot.com/

    xx
    K.

    ReplyDelete

© Nina in the Spring. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig