Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Review: Bdellium Pink Bambu Brushes



Bdellium Pink Bambu 957 Precision Kabuki Brush* 
Bdellium Pink Bambu 785 Tapered Blending Brush*

Bdellium Tools is a Californian brand of professional make up brushes. They are vegan, cruelty free and hand made. The Pink Bambu collection features several make up brushes with eco friendly bambu handles, synthetic bristles and anodized aluminium ferrule. The latter caught my attention since I heard some brands use nickel for their brushes' handles, which can be a problem for some people with nickel allergy like my mom. For the past two weeks I've been trying out the Precision Kabuki and the Tapered Blending brushes from their Pink Bambu line. 

I used the Precision Kabuki for my liquid foundation. It has a flat top shape and very soft and plush bristles, which are at the same time dense enough at the base, so you don't feel as if you're sweeping your face with a broom. Weird comparison, but you probably know what I mean. I prefer my base brushes to be short and dense like my Real Techniques Expert Face brush. The Bdellium Precision Kabuki  has longer bristles and does a very nice job at blending my foundation because of its flat top shape. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the fact that the bristles are half pink and half white and the foundation staining is very visible. I mean, obvi, it's what I'm using it for, but I'm used to RT's darker bristles, because it is the only brush brand I've used so far. Nothing as crucial as to keep me from using it, though. :) It has a longer handle than my RT brushes, approximately 18.5 centimeters. I am very excited for summer when I'll be switching to mineral foundation, as I'm pretty sure this brush and a Lily Lolo mineral powder will be a match made in heaven.

The Tapered Blending brush is already one of my favourites. It is a fluffy brush destined for your crease eyeshadow blending. I was very happy with my RT Essential Crease brush, which I got in my Sam's Picks set, but this one knocked it out of the park. It is much larger and super fluffy, it has a longer handle (approximately 17,5 centimeters) and is very easy to use. I used it the other day to blend my eyeshadow makeup and it blended it to perfection. I now understand the practicality of large fluffy eyeshadow brushes. Love!

All in all, I am very happy with these brushes, they seemed to be well loved in the makeup circles, I really like the longer handles and soft bristles, they're a nice addition to my collection and I'm already looking into acquiring some more. :)

*Items kindly gifted to me for review purposes.

Have you tried Bdellium tools already?
N. xx

P.S.: Slovenske bralke lahko Bdellium Pink Bambu kolekcijo kupite na spletni strani glossy.si, kjer  lahko najdete devet različnih čopičev, med drugim tudi oba zgoraj omenjena. Poleg Bdellium Tools ponujajo še Hard Candy, Playboy Beauty, W7 in Benjabelle, zelo praktična stojala za sušenje čopičev. Ena izmed prednosti te strani je prijazna poštnina, ki znaša 1,90€, ob nakupu nad 15€ pa dobite tudi darilce. 

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Blending brush res super izgleda, ga bom verjetno naročila. Se mi zdi, da teh čopičev ni nikoli preveč :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try these and venture out of my RT comfort zone

    Melissa | MELISSA LOVES THIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prvič na tvojem blogu.. morem priznati da mi je zelo všeč! Zelo lepe slike in celoten izgled bloga!

    ELAtitude
    www.elatitude.si

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zelo lepe barve čopičev:) Prijetna sprememba od klasičnih črnih. Tudi izgledajo zelo mehki:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blending čopič nujno rabim! :D xx

    ReplyDelete

© Nina in the Spring. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig