Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review: Anatomicals Headache Relief Balm


Anatomicals Headache Relief Balm

A while back I had my eye on Badger's Sleep Balm. I am one of those restless sleepers and I'm always up for a cool little sleep helper. I still haven't managed to get my hands on one of those, but I did impulsively buy a Headache Relief Balm by Anatomicals. Anatomicals is one of those cool brands with funny marketing, pretty graphic design and smart princess products you always nod to but never buy for some reason.One of these products is this little pot of headache relief balm. I don't have headaches often, but when I do, I quickly turn into one of those complainy-pants. So the other day I ordered this, just for fun, just to see whether it will actually help. 

This 20g pot contains extra virgin olive oil, golden yellow beeswax, peppermint oil, lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, mandarin oil, sandalwood oil, rosehip extract and calendula extract. So, all the good stuff! Peppermint and eucalyptus are the most noticeable scents of the bunch. My mom found it too harsh, but I love a good fresh scent. All you have to do is dab some of it on your temples and after a while you'll feel a warm/cooling effect. Yes, it's weird, it feels both warm and cool at the same time. It feels kind of like an invisible force is gently pushing on your temples, as weird as it sounds. I have no idea how it works, but the essential oils help you relax a bit and forget about the throbbing pain in your head for a while. I usually took a headache pill with it, but I saw improvement even when I didn't take any pills for my headache. You can rub it on your other pulse points as well, but I tend to stick to my temples. I use it even when I don't have a headache, when I just want to relax a little bit.

It quickly turned into one my most loved products and I keep it on my night stand. It cost me approximately 5€ on ASOS and they have a bunch of other cool stuff. Seriously, I tip my hat to the marketing people at this brand, whoever comes up with all of these puns is a genius!

Check out their stuff here.

Love,
N. xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Sounds like a match-made-in-heaving product for me, cause I basically always have headaches... I found your blog through beauty milk, I reallly like it so yea I'm a new follower :)

    mymakeupmemoire.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

© Nina in the Spring. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig