Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The First Date Tag



Today I watched Barbara's 'The First Date' tag she invented and I found the questions really cool. Is there anything us girls love to talk about more than fashion, make up and boys? Here's a tag that has all these things wrapped together. :)

1. How long does it take you to get ready for a date?
I'm one of those people who like to take their time. A first date is an exciting thing and I want to make sure I feel confident and bring my A game. I usually get ready fairly quickly before going out with friends, but before a date I'd probably add an hour or two just to be safe.

2. What's your idea of a perfect first date? (Dinner, drinks, cinema, adventurous dates)
I am a huge cinefile and I love going to the cinema. I also really like guys who are into movies and TV shows, which is why I think going to the cinema would be the perfect first date for me. I'd go for drinks after as well, after all, first dates are there to get to know each other and what better way to do that than to spend the night talking. Especially after a mojito or two, when you get more comfortable and you shake off the first date shivers! :)

3. What would you gravitate more towards to wear on a date? (Jeans, trousers, skirt, dress)
The number one thing to have in mind when going on a first date is comfort. What's the point in wearing sexy heels and a sexy dress if you're constantly worried that you'll trip or that your dress is too short and showing all your good stuff? I like to make an effort and look good, show my personal style, but also feel comfortable, otherwise I can't relax and enjoy the company if I have trivial things such as a wardrobe malfunction on my mind. My advice: Wear an outfit you feel comfortable and confident in. And no heels! Unless you're one of those awesome ladies that put on a pair of heels and take the world by storm. In which case, lucky you. -.-

4. On the date of your choice what makeup would you wear? (Girl next door, smokey and sexy, bold lip, brights)
I think that would depend on the type of date, for an evening occasion I'd probably go for a smokey eye, I might even consider wearing bold lipstick, since I usually don't expect any smooching on a first date. Friendly advice -  if you plan on making out, DO NOT wear lipstick. My favourite make up look is a simple, laid-back smokey eye in natural colours, a winged eyeliner and a nice blush.

5. Your date says you have half an hour to be ready, what do you do?

I panic. Aren't I nervous enough as it is and now I have a meagre half an hour to get ready?! I had to get ready in a short amount of time for dates before and let me tell you - it wasn't pretty. I don't so well under pressure and having to hurry to get ready to meet a guy would just make me a billion times more nervous, which is not a good look for a first date.

6. Your date asks for the bill, do you ... (Offer to pay - with actual meaning to pay, make a fake fuss - with no intention of paying, expect him to pay straight away)? Do you go out with him again?
As far as first dates go, I do expect the guy to pay as it is kind of customary and I think guys (at least the good ones) always want to come off as gentlemen and treat you. In my experience, the guy has always paid the check on our first date, not even one would budge when I nagged to do it instead and I don't like making scenes and arguing about money in public so I usually give in. I wouldn't, however, rely on it indefinitely, I hate being the girl that never pays and if it's me who asks the guy on a date I will always insist to be the one to pay. I also think once you go through a couple of dates, you can interchange - once you pay, the next time your date pays, etc. So that it's fair and you don't feel like you're using him.


I can't think of a situation where I would be so put off regarding the check that I wouldn't want to go out with him again, there's usually other reasons like not feeling a real spark, etc.

7. It's time to say goodbye. You really like your date, do you ...
(Wave, hug, kiss on the cheek, peck, full on smooch)?

That depends, if I really like a guy and I can sense that he likes me too, then I would probably expect something, but I am always too nervous and shy for a real kiss even if the date went splendid. I'd probably go for a simple peck on the cheek, just to let him know that I really do fancy him. I think the best part of a relationship is the initial part - the butterflies in your stomach, getting to know each other, finding things you have in common, going on adventures, being spontaneous and there's nothing more beautiful than going slow and enjoying your time with one another. And don't even get me started on that tension building up before your first kiss...

Okay I might have drifted off here, so I'll leave it at that and tag some lovely ladies. :) xx

I tag:

Gita from Odds & Ends
Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really
Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life
Jana from Small Bits of Loveliness
Petra from Adjusting Beauty
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Ooh I quite like the look of this! I'm definitely going to do this tag soon!
    I totally agree with you on the guy paying for the first date unless you asked them out and also about not expecting a smooch on the first date. Glad to know I'm not alone in these thoughts!
    - Taisie ♥ | Life by Taisie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww hvala ta tagganje Nina! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hvala Nina za tag, ampak meni bi se zataknilo že pri prvem vprašanju, haha. #foreveralone :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tenks za tag, gurlfrien'! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Nina in the Spring. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig